Saturday, March 10, 2012

Rest in Peace

This was the first time I encountered the artist Moebius, his artwork of a man riding a pterodactyle-like beast. Being 14 years old and weaned on a diet of Star Wars and Thundercats, this image of a man riding a giant bird may seem regular to you, but it was awesome for me, enough to influence for a few years the way I drew and imagined science fiction. True enough, and thanks to my best friend's dad, who happened to be an avid collector of Heavy Metal, I read the full story of this bird-riding man (later on discovered to be Arzach), and everything else that followed. It blew me away that he was behind several costume designs for scifi movies, one of which was the first TRON.

Now im equally blown when I found out he died yesterday.

I always wanted to meet the man and his art, but I guess I'll just have to be satisfied with just his art.

Rest in Peace, Jean Giraud.

http://www.moebius.fr/

No comments:

Post a Comment